Thursday, February 17, 2011

Food for thought

Well I see I'm going to have to stay up on my posts. I'm going to speech next. I'm working in a group on the topic of eyewitnesses and wrongful convictions. The teacher assigned a book my class has been reading. Its about a white women who was raped and the black man she wrongfully ID'ed and help send to jail for 11 years. This draws to mind the nature vs nuture conflict. How much our own personal choices affects us compared to how our environment does. Not just our environment but even how our chemical make-up we are born with affects us. I think personal choice does in fact make us who we are, yet I believe that the unique circumstances we come from and are faced with utlimately masks the better judgement of those around us to some degree or another.

No comments:

Post a Comment